Construction of the Coliseum was completed in 1922, with additions built in 1926. In 1931, the Horse Palace was constructed next door to the Coliseum to offer permanent stabling for horses attending the Fair. Even 100 years later the exterior of the Coliseum still looks much like it did when first built.

Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Archives

Back to the gallery Back to the Gallery