Although the exact date of this photo is unknown, it is likely from the late 1920's and features the grand entrance to Exhibition Place, The Princes' Gates. This monument was opened in 1927 and was originally called The Diamond Jubilee of Confederation Gates until it was renamed ahead of Prince Edward and Prince George visiting the CNE. Although the Gates have undergone conservation efforts over the years, they still stand welcoming visitors to the Royal much as they did in 1927.

Royal Agricultural Winter Fair Archives

Back to the gallery Back to the Gallery